Monday, September 7, 2015

Don't Know Where to Start... - August 24, 2015

Hope y'all are doing great! 

This week has been somewhat of an adventure. It is a long story but I'll try to keep it short. Monday was really fun. We had a great time fishing again with the Lewis'. They are just the best. So Tuesday is when things got funky.
 
Tuesday Sister Bailey made the tough decision of going home. She has had really bad back problems since she broke her back in high school. She has been in so much pain this transfer and it has caused a lot of problems. We went to the chiropractor last Thursday and it really didn't help. Nothing you can do on a mission will be able to help it like she needs. After a long day with many phone calls to lots of people she had a flight home to Utah on Friday. It was a tough decision for her to make but it is the right decision. She can really get the help she needs there. It is sad to watch her go home but she had a such a great mission and she was a fabulous missionary! I am so grateful for the 3 weeks we got to spend together!


 
We spent Tuesday and Wednesday helping her pack. At this point we had no idea what was going to happen with me. We just packed and packed for her! You don't realize how much stuff you accumulate on your mission! haha! I think I"m a pro packer now :) Wednesday night we found out I was going down to Ozark to be with Sister Bastian (our sister training leader/trainer) and her trainer Sister Owens! They are super cute and I am so lucky to be in this tri-panionship now. I had to pack really fast on Thursday but I made it.


 
We went down to Springfield to meet them and a senior missionary couple at the stake center. We did stop at Target so that was great! I miss that place. The Averetts (a senior missionary couple) met us at the building and took Sister Bailey with them down to Bentonville Arkansas. Then I came to Ozark with these wonderful sisters. I'll be able to go back up to Bolivar once a week and have lessons with our investigators. That will be really good! It is hard to leave Bolivar for now. I'm not sure what will happen at transfers in a couple weeks. We get transfer calls Saturday Sept. 5.


 
It has definitely been a long strange week! Ozark is a really great place though. We live with some great people. They are super sweet! It can be stressful trying to be in two different areas hours apart but it is working. Miracles!


 
On a different note, A year ago a sister missionary died in a car wreck. She had only been out three months. Her and her companion wrote down their testimonies of the book of mormon a week before and were going to pass them out. Our mission has focus this week on passing her testimony out to everyone. It has been such an amazing thing to witness. The spirit is always present as we talk about the Book of Mormon are as we share her testimony of it. I know she is working hard from the other side. Both of my previous companions know her and her companion really well. I have been blessed to feel her presence and to know her better. She was such great missionary and I am thankful for her example. I can promise you the Book of Mormon is true. It is such blessing in my life to be able to read it and feel the spirit that comes with it. It is such a blessing to me to be a missionary and to share it with others. I want to invite you all to read it and share it with those around you.

 
I love you all so much and think of you often.
 
Love,

Sister Frederickson

CHANGE OF ADDRESS: 
284 green oaks dr. ozark, MO 65721 
(my address for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment