Thursday, February 4, 2016

A new transfer, a new area - January 11, 2016

Transfers!

I'm going to Independence, Kansas. Hopefully that means I'll be a 4 state-er. (You have served in all for states) We leave on Thursday morning. I'm so so so sad to leave but It will be good. I'm trying really hard to trust in the Lord. It will be a good transfer though. I just hate to leave this area and leave Sister Franson. She finally taught the restoration for the first time on Friday! It was awesome! I don't know anything about Independence to it will be great to see it. I know it is more of a city than Ash Flat. About 9,000 people. It will be weird to get used to. And I'll hit my half way mark this transfer! Crazy!! I'm excited to meet my new companion, Sister Stirling. Haven't heard anything about her. 



On Friday Dorthy went back to the nursing home. she was staying with our relief society president Charlotte. So we helped pack her up and take everything over there. The people there are really nice so that is good. I hope she enjoys it there again. She was there about a year ago.
Friday we also had a new member lesson with the Castors grandkids. Their family just moved here from Oklahoma and the two oldest boys were baptized there. We didn't have a teaching record for them so we taught the restoration. We didn't know they had been taught it 3 times before! But it was good for sister Franson to teach them. and they were all cool about it. They knew all the right answers!
Sister Castor is teaching us how to crochet which is really cool! I'm really enjoying. She has been crocheting since she was 4! It is the coolest thing. 




We still have a lot of potentials we can't contact so the branch is having a fast on Sunday for potentials and missionary work. It will be really neat for the branch to come together on this. I know it will strengthen them a lot! 



I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Gerard again. It was a blast as always. I learn so much from her everyday. I'm thankful we were able to serve in the same zone together! 



I hope you all have a great week! I'll email my new address next week!
Love and miss you all!
Love, Sister Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment