Thursday, February 4, 2016

Finally Emailing - December 23, 2015

Monday we had our Christmas Conference in Bentonville. It was so much fun! We had a good spiritual aspect to it in the morning then playing dodgeball. We played against the Tulsa zone which is like 20 Elders. It was slightly terrifying. Haha! We are one of the smallest zones so it just wasn't fair.... Oh well it was still a lot of fun. We also played a 'How well do you know your companion game." We did pretty good for just knowing each other for 3 weeks. after all the fun and games we had our Christmas program. People played the flute, violin, piano, and chimes. It was so pretty! I loved it. We have so many talented people in this mission. A missionary sang 'Mary did you know'. I definitely thought of you the whole time mom :) It was really good. That is one of my favorite songs. :) 
We got home around 11 that night. We were so tired!
Tuesday was crazy and that is why we didn't email. We went visiting teaching with Sister Bassham. It was really fun. It just took up most of our day. We came home and cleaned our house then went grocery shopping. Then we went to our dinner appointment at Heathers house. We always have a blast there! That was our day. We saw a lot of less actives with sister Bassham. We met a new person, Sister Nelson. She is really sweet, she went with the Mennonites for 13 or some odd years. She has some interesting views on life but really nice. We had fun getting to know her. We think her husband is the only thing keeping her from coming to church. 
 
Today has been good. We were doing studies this morning and there was a thunder storm. Didn't think much of it, just that it was cool. Charlotte comes over around noon and tells us there was a tornado this morning. We completely missed it! It was in Highland, about 10 or so miles from us. She said there were about 9 homes hit. I don't think anyone was hurt though.
This last week was fun. Not sure what we exactly did but we were busy! Last Monday we went up to MO to visit some semi-active members. They have a dairy farm so we helped with that. I forgot my service clothes at home so I milked the cows in a skirt! I don't have pictures but I know they took some so I'll email them when I get them. It was a lot of fun. We learned how to use all the equipment and also milk them by hand. (Sister palmer, I saw baby Soelberg. she is the cutest calf!) we had so much fun. all the kids were laughing at us because we had never done anything like it. It is just life for them. :)
One of the recent converts in the branch passed away last Sunday. We went to the viewing on Thursday then helped with the funeral on Friday. Brother Heath had been a member since the end of January. He found out he had lung cancer right before that. He was so sweet. I only got to meet him once. It was a really nice funeral. His wife is planning to go to the temple as soon as she can to get the rest of his work done.
We have been getting ready for Christmas. It has been great to really think about the true meaning of Christmas. It isn't about all the decorations or how many presents you get but the acts of service you do for people. Saturday we were able to help Sister Castor make cookies and take them to Less Active members in the Branch. Christmas is about the birth of Christ. I have been thinking a lot about why a Savior was Born. I know he is here to help us become better. To reach out to those who need his love. I'm grateful to be able to help people know Him more. Christmas as a missionary is so amazing. I love reading the story in Luke 2. He is wonderful and glorious. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Strive to remember him always.
                                                               christmas.mormon.org
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I miss you all so much! I think of you often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment