Thursday, August 20, 2015

One CRAZY Week - June 29, 2015

Hey everyone! 

This week has been super long. It started off with a good preparation day last week. Well pretty good until we go over to the Lewis' to drop off our laundry. Sister Lewis tells us they are moving! It is so so sad. I absolutely love her. We have been sad all week about it. That was the first eventful thing of this week. 

Crazy #2. Our a/c stopped working this week. It was so hot inside we could go out into the 90 degree weather to cool off. It was not fun. I barely slept because of it. That all started on Monday. Tuesday we called the landlord and he told us to clean our air filters. We did that and it didn't work. Wednesday they were out of the office but thankfully some repairman came Thursday morning to fix it. GUESS WHAT? Someone had turned off our unit outside so all they had to do was flip a switch outside. I'm a just glad it is fixed. 

Crazy #3. We are teaching our one investigator, Danielle, last night and we bring over our Stop Smoking Workshop. We ask her how badly she wants to quit, she says she does really bad. Then we ask her what she would do to stop smoking, she would do anything. We ask her to break all her cigarettes and she snaps them all right then without hearing what else she has to do. She just breaks them all in half right then. We teach her the steps and she said she will do it. She said the hardest part will be not drinking tea. She doesn't want to stop. But I think she will and I know if she follows all the steps she will be so blessed. We asked her if she would pray about a date to be baptized and she said she would! I am so excited for her. Sister Booms and I prayed about a date for her and told her and she said she would pray too. She is super cute. Her family isn't very supportive though so it is holding her back. I know it will work out though. 

Crazy #4. Sister Booms killed squirrel on saturday. it wasn't really crazy, just sad. Poor little squirrel. :( He ran right under our tire. The worst part is that sister booms had decided the day before or something that she was going to stop swerving for animals. She could have saved his life. 

And to end this on a positive, SISTER LEWIS ISN'T MOVING!  We saw her this morning at a service project and she told us that they aren't moving anymore. The house they were looking at had way to much fixing to do. It makes me so happy. She is absolutely my favorite. They are trying to find a house in Bolivar so they can stay in this area. 

We had a dinner appointment on Saturday night and we were talking to them the week before about how Sister Booms loves cookies. We show up saturday and sister House had woken up at 4:30 that morning to make us types of cookies. It was insane. The houses are so sweet. I love them. Every time we go over there it is always entertaining.I hope everyone else didn't have as crazy of week. You are all amazing. 

I know that this church is true. It is such a blessing we have. It is a blessing to me everyday to know that the restored gospel is on the Earth today. i see all the miracles that happen everyday and I am sure there are hundreds that I don't even notice. I know that our Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. He wants us to return to live with him again. He sent his son to make that possible. he loves us all more than we know. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lives today. He loves us more than we possibly know.
I am so thankful for each day that I have to wake up as a full-time missionary to go out and serve the Lord. I am so thankful I can bear my testimony everyday. People may not want to listen now but we continue to plant those small seeds. We invite ALL to come unto Christ. These things I know to be true. 

I love you and miss you all! 

Love, 
Sister Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment