Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week 5 - June 15, 2015



Hey everyone! 
Hope ya'll are doing great! 



Transfer calls were on Saturday night. Sister Booms and I are staying in Bolivar for at least another 6 weeks. I am learning to love Bolivar. I would cry if I had to leave right now. We still have lots that needs to be done and we still have lots of investigators that need to be found. They just don't know about the gospel yet. We only have 2 investigators currently. 



This was kind of a slow week. Sister Booms got bronchitis.She spent most of Saturday in bed. We went to the walk-in clinic Saturday morning, then she came home and slept for a couple hours. She is doing better now but still sick. I just watched videos while she was sleeping. Together Forever is such a great video :) 



We finally met our potential investigator, Regina. She is super sweet and crazy busy. She is going to school and working a lot so we could never catch her at home but she finally called us back and we went over on Wednesday night. She went to church about 2 months ago when the other sisters were here. We got to know her a little better and read the Book of Mormon with her. She says she will start reading again. It is great! 
After meeting with Regina we see fireflies so we start chasing them! It was really cool. I wish I got pictures. Next time we will be prepared and have something to catch them in and also take pictures. 

We also met a part member family in our ward. He is less active from our church and is actually a 'Restorationist'. It is a branch off of the RLDS church. It is kinda strange. We were talking with them, getting to know them better. They have a lot of the same beliefs, but they are skewed a little bit. I can see how someone could get confused in the doctrine. It was definitely interesting to talk to them about it. They are so close to the truth but not quite there. It really is just sad. They did say the Elders that were in Buffalo would get in heated arguments with them about it so we probably won't visit them again soon. It was good to talk to them though. There isn't much we can do at this point to help them. 

This was kinda a dull week. Sister Booms hasn't felt good so haven't been able to go tracting. We are always looking for more people to teach though. It was really funny. We were sitting in the back of the chapel waiting for church to start, this man comes up to us, introduces himself and is like I just moved here, my wife is a less active and my 2 roommates are nonmembers. When can you start teaching them? It was great. they do live at the furthest north of our boundaries in Pittsburg so I'm not sure how often we'll actually teach them. We are going to try and see them on Tuesday I think. We will see what happens. 



Last Monday we went to one of the sketchy Chinese restaurants for lunch. We went to Master Wongs. I got cashew chicken, chicken nugget things with gross gravy and cashews sprinkled on top. it was really gross, I'm glad we didn't get food poisoning. We got some good Chinese later that week when a member took us out to lunch. 




I think that is all for this week! I love you all! 


Love, 
Sister Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment