Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week of Changes - August 3, 2015

This has been one crazy week. Oh my! The beginning of last week we spent a lot of time with members so Sister Booms could say goodbye to them. It was hard to watch her leave. Thursday Sister Barnum picked us up at 6:30 so we could go down to the transfer point in Mount Vernon. This is one of the bigger transfer points so it was crazy. I was able to meet Sister Booms' old companion, Sister Ritter. She is the sweetest. I love her! And I talked to Sister Parsels and Sister Gerard for awhile, that is always fun. I had to say goodbye to Sister Booms which was really hard. I miss her like crazy!!! Best trainer I could have asked for. 



Sister Bailey is super sweet! She is from Alpine and has been on her mission for a year. We haven't had much of a first week, we have both been sick but we are finally starting to feel better! We have a lot in common which is good! We have been trying to figure out a game plan for Bolivar. It is still kinda crazy here, like always. 




Wednesday, Sister Booms and I were able to have really good lesson with the Butler Family. It's been the first one in about 2 months. We hope things start progressing for them. They did come to church Sunday which was awesome! It is hard to teach them because it is such a big family but hopefully Sister Bailey and I will get the hang of it. I know they are prepared and ready to learn. They are such a cute family! I love them so much! 

Danielle didn't come to church yesterday but we set up a time to give her a church tour so hopefully that will calm any fears that she has. It has been an adventure teaching her so far. We always leave with crazy stories but also awesome spiritual experiences. I know that coming to church will help her with any other challenges that she may be facing. 

We have a baptism on Saturday for one of our 'investigators' Jeanine. She has been coming to church for almost 2 years and is getting baptized with her son who just turned 8. They are such a cute family. It is funny because most of the members think she is a member already. So Saturday will be a great day. I know the ward is really happy for her. 



I am so happy that I am able to stay in Bolivar. This is such a great ward with amazing members. We are always taken care of and it just feels like home. It will be hard to leave this place whenever that time comes. I have definitely learned a lot about relying on my Savior and about the atonement. I am so thankful I am here. Being a missionary is such an incredible, humbling experience. I am always learning something new here. 

My address is the same, definitely write me! 

I love you all so very much! 

Love, 
Sister Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment