Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Running Faster Than You Have Strength - April 18, 2016

What a week! 

First off I just want to say thank you for all the prayers and support I get from each one of you. I wouldn't be here without you. I love you all so much!

Monday was missionary Monday at the Dahles house. It was a lot of fun. Sister Dahle is just so cute. Every Monday for dinner and FHE she picks a different country to go to. This week was Liberia so we had Joloff rice. It was delicious. Mom, I'm moving to Liberia. ha, just kidding. They normally use spam but sister dahle is a saint so she just used ham and chicken. We learned about the church there and everything else you wanted to know. It was fun! 



Tuesday we had a lesson with a potential investigator John. He grew up Mennonite but has very very similar beliefs to us. He just needs to make the choice to commit to change. I wish he could see how much the gospel could bless his life. We set up an appointment to see him again friday but he wasn't home so he left us a sign. It made my day. We also met this guy while we were tracting tuesday afternoon. He was so sweet. He has had a couple of really hard months but is so strong in his faith. I love meeting people like him and listening to their testimonies. Just one of the blessings each and every day. He thanked us for our service which always means the world to me. Then he told us of his friend to go talk to. She ended up being a former investigator actually. We went and knocked on her door and a home health care aid answered the door. She told us that the lady wasn't interested in whatever we were selling so we were walking down her drive way when we hear "wait, were those the sister missionaries? Invite them in!" So we talked to her for just a couple minutes. She is so sweet! We are going to try and see her this next week and talk to her more. Such a miracle!

Wednesday was our last district meeting with this district. Had to say goodbye to sister Lunt so that was so hard but I'll see her again probably really soon. I just love her. Met some neat people while tracting. Sister Gerard has definitely taught me to love tracting. I am amazed by all the people I meet everyday. Even if we don't find people through tracting we find them in different areas. For mutual with all the youth they had the stake patriarch come and talk. We invited our Recent Convert Jenny to it and stayed and listened. It was so amazing. After that we met up with the elders to give them the extra mattress in our apartment. Crazy night for sure but all good :) 



Thursday was weekly planning/ mental health day. It was great though! 

Friday we went to coffeyville for the day as usual. There was no school so we took one of the young women tracting with us. We only knocked on like 4 houses but of course with our luck one of them had to be her crush.... It was super awkward for her and we felt so bad! We are close with their whole family so her mom texted us later and was like "I thought I told you not to traumatize Amy." It was so funny and I really hope Amy will forgive us one day. Sorry Amy! 



Saturday was a members funeral. We helped out with that then the Krauses took us to lunch afterward. They are so sweet. We even just had dinner the night before. We don't starve with the krauses :) Drove up to Fall River to meet with a part member family. SO amazing! We answered a lot of Nancy's questions for her. It was incredible to watch and see how things clicked in her head. She has studied many different religions but you could tell this was different for her. 



Church was amazing like always on Sunday. You definitely get out what you put into the gospel. Those sundays where I am more focused and want to learn I am amazed by how strongly I feel the spirit. This week I focused a lot on things I wanted to change but didn't really have a direction so all week I felt like I was running 100mph but also spinning in circles. We talked to Bishop yesterday and I didn't quite feel like he knew how I was feeling. Wasn't feeling very what he was saying but then he talked about the scripture in Mosiah 4 that says we shouldn't run faster than we have strength. I took me a little bit for it to hit me but when it did it was like a ton of bricks. We are supposed to change but it isn't in our time. It was requires patience, diligence, and time. We have to continually evolve to become who Christ wants us to be. I was studying this morning about the spirit and revelation. A reference took me to Our Search For Happiness and it talked about he atonement. The atonement is so wonderful. It allows us to have that change but we must include him in it. This was just one of those weeks I forgot a basic principle of the gospel but it was one I needed to learn. I'm grateful for the experiences that Heavenly Father allows us to have. I'm so grateful for this gospel and I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. 
I hope you all have a great week! Sorry this turned into a novel. 

Love, sister Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment